- Be not mistaken. It finishes Joint Staff Academy.
- Your son will successfully finish it and will receive a worthy place in fleet.
- I wish to die, knowing that my son will not be ashamed of the father...
- Well. I will think up something. Posthumous glory to you I do not promise, an admiral, but also ponosheny... I believe, they
too will not be! - I thank, your Excellency.
- You forgive also me, an admiral. It is a policy. Alas, the policy often happens more unfairly war...
- Certainly. I will ask about you gods. Not each soldier of the emperor can accept death because of whim of such beautiful
woman, as you, the princess Sofia...
- Oh, you have not understood anything! - has understood. And however, it is already unimportant... Yes gods will be
favourable to you. And to your son to the Palladium.
- I think, he will live. Farewell, an admiral. I also will pray for you to great avatars.
- Farewell, your Excellency...
* * * 148th God Krakena (1786), on May, 5th, Gallia, a cave of Gnipahellir From diary records of Januarija Ulpina... The
Duke was to us at a dawn. To tell that he looked bad - means nothing to tell. On it there was no person. All that time that
minulo from the date of fight, we did not disturb him, and did it quite meaningly: our noble friend has been obliged to feel
burden of the power and responsibility wholly. Without our participation.
We knew, certainly, that disturbs him. The May Day victory obviously was pirrovoj. To cope with the one and only cohort,
the young duke had to offer lives more than three thousand people betrayed to it. And if to add events of hot April, it is
possible to assert with confidence that our noble friend remained to correct in the state without army, without the nobility,
without treasury. He understood it. Any day the duke waited for new intervention. When on second of May from port spot-
check the battle ship "Uadzhet", the duke it at all has disappeared has not pleased. He has been assured that Sofia will
equip against it at least pretoriju marines, and against this force he will not stand any more...
Our noble friend did not know, how we that knew Sofia Justine not to it now. It days and nights vanishes in the Central
clinic Fortunatov, without moving a step from the son. The clear head! It for it the best way to hush up narbonnsky scandal -
yes unless who will dare to accuse of political miscalculations suffering mother?! Even to plebeians of Kornelija Martsellina
and that would not be desirable to pass hladnokozhimi for cynics. In addition Sofia has disarmed critics, having resigned from
a post of the minister of colonies, the truth, not in connection with failure in Narbonnsky Gallia, and ostensibly because of the
Palladium serious illness." Touched "the father, the first minister, has not dared to satisfy the application of the daughter and
instead of resignation monthly leave has granted to its... We were convinced, in which already time, in ability of ours vragini
to arrange sentimental farces, masterly to escape responsibility, yes thus to look sacred and the heroine in the opinion of
tearful amorijskoj publics! The first minister Tit Justin has acted instead of it before plebeian delegates. As one would expect,
vysokorodnye Justiny have put all fault on switchmen. The main things guilty had appeared: by itself, Varg, as the leader of
rebels; Krimhilda for has not managed to keep the power entrusted to it; the late commander of the cohort, appeared the
worthless military leader; at last, ambassador Lutsy Rufin, also the dead, that has admitted mutiny. A commonplace
in"Bogohranimoj"of Amorii: dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas57. Senator Martsellin was silent, having hidden in the
corner, and did not object, when in newspapers have frankly worn its promoted worker Lutsija Rufina. The senatorial
daughter of Doroteja, pregnant the child of the duke, was at the father, thanks to cunning of Sofia, own nonsense and
nonsense of Varga...
Political squabbles in imperial capital meant the important respite for the young duke. We have tried to din it to it. We have
explained, how, in our opinion, is better to use this respite and that it can give to freedom business. The duke attentively, I
even would risk to tell, with awe, has listened to us, and the mood at it has considerably improved.